As we move forward into another new year, I think it is only natural to reflect on the year we are leaving behind. Now, none of us look back through the same lenses, we all have different outlooks on experiences, loves, losses, wins and moments that turn into history. Here at All Star we decided we should reflect on some of the undeniably good global things that happened in 2016.
10) Veteran Homelessness Has Dropped 50% Since 2010.
9) After a century of decline, tiger numbers are now rising – 22% growth since 2010.
8) The United States Treasury Department is making some refreshing changes to show a diversity of new faces including Harriet Tubman and Susan B. Anthony.
7) 24 different countries united to create the world’s largest marine reserve in Antarctica.
6) Even though we have had some memorable losses this year, 2016 was one of the safest years in aviation history for over 3 billion people who boarded planes.
5) The American teen graduation rate reached a historic high – 83.2%!
4) A 50-year war finally ended with a peace treaty in Colombia.
3) India planted 50 million trees in one day, smashing the world record.
2) The Americas are finally entirely declared measles-free (after 22 year effort).
1) Monumental breakthrough: gravitational waves finally detected, proving Einstein was right.
On less of a global note, here at All Star Labor & Staffing, we are extremely thankful when we look back and see that we were able to assign 3,300 employees to jobs in 2016. For that we are truly blessed.
We wish you love, laughter, health and great employment in 2017!
-All Star Labor & Staffing